This has been the best birthday, I have ever enjoyed. Friday night we went into Mt. Pleasant. We ate supper at the Dynasty Buffet, it was as good, it usually is. Later we went to the high school and watched the Tigers play the Leopards. It was a good game. The Band, the Cheer Squad, the Tiger Dolls, and the Drill Team all did an excellent job.
Saturday my Uncle came up from Dallas, we met him and his wife in Texarkana at IHOP for breakfast. IHOP understands food. Later we went to Central Mall and looked around for a while. While my wife was having her haircut, I went looking for the bookstore. Either the bookstore was gone or I simply couldn't find it. Later on we drove over to Books-A-Million, while my wife was grading papers, I read a book on my BeBook ebook reader, and shopped for at books. I found a sci-fi book in the $3.00 pile and a new paperback by S.M. Stirling, "The Scourge of God". It is one of the books in his "Dies the Fire" series. I have been reading his books. I think he is an excellent writer. In the future I hope to find some of the books in his "Island in the Sea of Time" series. We spent a good 5 or 6 hours there. Then we went over to the Asian Buffet which is near Sam's. To me it is the best resturant in Texarkana.
This Sunday my wife made sausage and bisquits for Cowboy Church. After church we went to El Inca in New Boston, ate lunch, and then went to Wal-Mart for our weekly groceries. My wife is good company, she is the main ingredient in the quality of my life. She has made this my best birthday ever. I thank God for her presence in my life constantly.
Instead of New Year's Resolutions, I made new resolutions on the first of the month. Here are a few of my resolutions.
1. Read and study the Bible.
2. Read and study the CCC.
3. Pray constantly: during the week I pray the Rosary on the way to work. I hope to start praying the Liturgy of the Hours on a daily basis. My subscription to ebreviary.com and my birthday present of a BeBook, with make this a reality. Now I need to actually pray the LOTH, no excuses now.
4. Take custody of my senses: to use none of them in a sinful way.
5. Control my temper and my tongue.
6. I hope to not read as much seculat things and have the bulk of my reading to be holy things that are profitable for my salvation and according to the will of God.
Pray for me.